Culture and Events
- Provide ongoing support of the following genres of art to positively frame the black experience:
- Performing Arts: drama, music, dance.
- Visual Arts: painting, drawing, photography, videography.
- Communicative Arts: speech, poetry, creative writing.
- Culinary Arts: cooking and food preparation.
- Advocate for the city’s equitable support of black artists and cultural workers.
- To support the creation of a culturally informed artistic community that enables the proliferation and sustainability of black artists, black businesses and retailers.
- Support and advocate for culturally representative artistic programming.